Thursday, July 21, 2011

"UPDATE" Has a police officer ever arrested someone for obstruction only to find the person was deaf ?

I didn't have a clue what the trooper was saying i asked him to repeat himself and that I couldnt hear what he was saying ! He thought I was lying and arrested me for obstruction. It was a mere traffic stop at a safety checkpoint and i was a backseat passenger . i had know idea the trooper was even talking to me in the first place ! I finally heard him say to give him my ID and when i first heard him say it i retrieved it and he said "TOO LATE NOW!" off to jail I went ! Pled Not guilty have a bench trial next month ! Should I just bring my VA paper work showing my hearing loss ? Iwas turned over to the local city police who was not even at the check point at the time it happened. The local town officer actually was the one who wrote up the charge ! He was actually attending to another vehicle on the other side of the highway ! 4 lanes and a median away ! The troopers put me in the local cops car and then 45 minutes later he took me to the county jail ! It seems kind of shady to me ! I live in a town of less then 600 residence been here for 7 years and never met either of the 2 cops !

No comments:

Post a Comment